Do you live/farm in a watershed that’s listed as impaired? Unfortunately, most people probably do not know the answer to this question. It’s important to know and understand if you live in an impaired … Read More»
Products and Services
- Cover Crop Selection- the Jasper County SWCD is home to Dan Perkins, the "Cover Crop Guy"! He would be happy to help you make the appropriate cover crop selection for your farm! Give us a call at 219-866-8008 x3 to schedule a meeting.
- Marking Flags- only $14.00 a bundle! They can be purchased at our office located at 211 East Drexel Parkway in Rensselaer.
- Composters- we have one composter available for purchase. Stop by or give us a call for more information!
- Rain Barrels- we have several rain barrels available for purchase. Stop by or give us a call for more information!
- Conservation Planning- looking to integrate conservation practices on your property but don't know where to begin? Give us a call to set up a phone or in-person meeting with Dan Perkins, he'll be able to point you in the right direction!
- Rain Garden Design- thinking about turning that puddle in your backyard into a rain garden? We can help! We have resources available to help you design your rain garden so that it drains properly (we don't want that puddle-turned-rain garden to turn into a mosquito paradise!).
- Education Center- need a place to host your local meetings? We have a beautiful Education Center located at the Jasper County Fairgrounds. The building has restrooms, a kitchen, tables and chairs, and is temperature controlled. Contact us to learn more! The Education Center is FREE to use!
- Contractor Listings- looking for an Ag contractor? We have brochures containing area contractors for various agricultural needs. The listings can be emailed or picked up at our office.
Due to the nature of district business, there are times when no one will be at the office. Please call before making a special trip.